2003 Chevy Avalanche Rattle & A/C Question

My 2003 seems to have a very annoying rattle or "squeaky" noise coming from the dash. I have brought it to the dealer several times and they have not been able to get rid of it.

Also, when I turn my A/C on there is a noise like I have opened the window a little. The second I turn off the A/C the noise goes away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
duckboy

dash. I have brought it to the dealer several times and they have not been able to get rid of it.

little. The second I turn off the A/C the noise goes away.

I have a 2002 AV, no such noise ...very quite. In the past, speedometer cables have been a noise problem on some GM cars, perhaps truck. Have they acknowledged the noise and that it is not normal? _____________

Tippy

Reply to
tippy

Also, when I turn my A/C on there is a noise like I have opened the window a little. The second I turn off the A/C the noise goes away.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Brent Popp

Hi!

I don't know if the A/C assemblies are at all similar between the two trucks, but look for a small black box attached to the firewall right around the top of the A/C area. It is attached with a single bolt.

Wiggle it. Is it loose? You might have just found your rattle noise...my '03 S-10 had this little box come loose and it made the most annoying rattling noise.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

The dealer told me that it is because the flapper(?) is set so that there is always some fresh air coming into the truck. The hole on mine is probably smaller then normal, however he said that it is for safety reasons and they cannot adjust it.

I know for a fact when I turn the recirc button on the a/c OFF, the noise goes away.

??????????

If I had a schematic or something that showed me how to get to it I would fix it myself.

Reply to
Duckboy

Yes.

They have been trying to isolate it but with no luck.

Reply to
Duckboy

my 03 avalanche does it to :( would like to get it fixed but dont trust the dealers. solution turn up the bose.

Reply to
Baboo