2003 Chevy S10 - Maint. Light

Per subject line: there is less than 10K miles on this vehicle. It is well maintained. But recently an amber "Service Engine Soon" light on the dash display is constant.

Seems to be running fine, all fluids and filters are newly refreshed.

Any idea what it's hooked up to, or what could cause it?

Thanks.

Reply to
Buddy Buckaroo

Make sure the fuel cap is tight.Even if it was you should have it checked. The light will not go out untill codes are cleared.

Reply to
jsc157

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1139274394.439432.325040 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Thanks! The fuel cap was good. When I read your message, I sort of freaked for fear someone tried to pry off my locking gas cap - nice neighborhood here. (o; I took it by the dealer who plugged in their little dealy-o up under the dash. It's the sensor on the manifold that controls the fuel-air mixture which has gone bad. I'll let let 'em fix it in the morning.

Kind of ironic that a device which is in place to correct malfunctions, itself malfunctions?

Appreciate the info. (I might have tried to trace down the wires which activate the light and just snip them.) LOL. jk.

Best regards.

Reply to
Buddy Buckaroo

In article , Buddy Buckaroo