2003 s-10 pickup constant velocity joints

From: "Andy & Carol" Subject: 2003 s-10 pickup Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:20 AM

Do the constant velocity u-joints on my extended cab need lubed. I heard ,one time the there is a special tool to attach to the grease gun to lube them. I see no mention in the owners manual, and I just don't have a service manual yet..I never worked with them before. Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

No, they're sealed, until the boot breaks anyway.

Reply to
Mike Levy

If you are talking about the one by front axle to drive the front wheels on a 4WD, they a sealed and do not need relubing unless the boot ruptures.

Reply to
SnoMan

Perhaps you are thinking of the double carden u-joint that came on "some" S-10 rear driveshafts. I don't think they are servicable in that year. It used to be that you could use a needle tip on your grease gun to lube the ball and socket.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I'm sorry ,gentlemen...I should have made myself clear, they are on the extended cab model, on the driveshaft, back to the differential. Ian, thank you, that is what I was referring too. I will just leave them alone, I just have 40,000 miles on the truck. Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

If you aer talking about regular drive shaft joints, most factory joints do not have grease fittings on them these days.

Reply to
SnoMan