2003 S-10 Radiator drain

What gives!! What happened to the old brass petcock? What the hell is that plactic plug with two flunky curved slots on the side of it. Why are they doing this....How do you get the pllug out? Is there a special tool to remove it? Thanks..I just had to blow off a little steam!!! I cant understand why GM does what it does!

Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

Why? One word: money.

Reply to
HPGrn

They all do it now. One piece of advise, if it doesn't turn with minimal pressure, don't touch it. You can damage the plug or threads inside and then need a new radiator.

Reply to
Steve H

"" wrote: > What gives!! What happened to the old brass petcock? What the > hell is that > plactic plug > with two flunky curved slots on the side of it. Why are they > doing > this....How do you get the pllug out? > Is there a special tool to remove it? Thanks..I just had to > blow off a > little steam!!! I cant understand > why GM does what it does! > > Andy

Actually there is a square hole in the center of the plug for a 1/4 inch ratchet thats what you use to turn the plug.

Reply to
Shakes73

Thanks, Shakes..That is all I needed,I cant see the center of the plug.

Andy

Reply to
Andy & Carol

I had one of those drains and it would not stop leaking so I bought a new radiator and installed it. When I got to looking at the old one I discovered that there was an O-ring on the plastic drain gizmo that was bad. Had I known that I could have just replaced the o-ring. Anyone need a radiator for a 92 Explorer??

Reply to
Ashton Crusher