2003 Silverado Bose sound system

Has anyone ever had any problem with their Bose sound system not producing any sound? One morning I started up my truck and the sound was muted from the stereo. I turned up the volume, still no sound. I changed radio stations, changed to cd, still no sound. Turned the power off then back on, still no sound. All the controls for the radio worked but just no sound. Finally I turned it off for about 30 minutes then turned it back on and everything worked. I haven't had any problems since. If I take it back to the dealer, they'll just tell me nothing's wrong with it. Just wondering if this is going to be a problem later on after the warranty expires.

Reply to
Goff

There is a bug in the bose amplifier that on a rare occasion will cause it not to boot up. There should be a software update for this, or a replacement amplifier. Sometimes dealers are not that savvy on audio.

Reply to
Baboo