2003 suburban

My '03 suburban makes an occassional sound when turning the steering. It is a loud humming/rubbing sound that occurs when you start to turn the steering wheel in either direction when cutting hard while backing out. It's not the sound that the steering pump makes when you hit either limit. I took it in for service and they lubricated the steering shaft, thinking that it was binding. It still occasssionally makes this sound, but it seems to becoming less frequent.

Any ideas.

Thanx.

Reply to
Malcolm Jones