2004 Chevy Silverado Dash Computer

Just got a new Chevy Silverado 4x4. The dash computer says "DRIVER 2", and keeps track of hours run, trip miles, and odometer. I don't have the option with GPM, separate trip odom for two drivers, oil life remaining, etc. I suspect that the computer that they use has all of these functions, but I cannot access them because I don't have the fancy steering wheel with the extra two buttons. Can I retrofit switches to access these functions, of maybe get a steering wheel from a junkyard that has them?

Reply to
DJ

I know driver 1 or driver 2 is determined by which fob opens the truck. Try the other fob and driver 1 will appear. The 05 functions are dif from the 04. I know on the 04 the radio presets, seat position, etc are tied into the driver 1 or 2. There is a discussion on GM-Trucks.com about making a fully functional DIC without the steering wheel controls but it is quite involved. Read your owners manual for how to access some of the features.

Reply to
calhoun

I don'tknow about the silverado, but my wifes buick, keeps track of the drivers by who used the remote door locks last. she has two remotes with a 1 and a 2 on the back. which ever remote gets used last is the one that the computer remembers. I don't know if you have electric door locks but it's just a thought.

Don

Reply to
Don LaBrenz