2004 Chevy Silverado question

Any one know how to rewire the cig lighter or the aux so they turn off when the key is truned off?

Reply to
rforgy

Why?

Keep in mind that the cigarette lighter draws a high amount of current, and whatever other circuit you switch it to would have to be able to handle that current in addition to whatever else was on the circuit.

If you insist, what about a relay (Radio Shack) where the coil is connected to a wire that is hot when the ignition is on, which would close the contacts of the relay (which must be rated high enough to handle the current rating of the fuse to the cigarette lighter), inserting the contacts between the lead to the cigarette lighter.

Lena

Reply to
Lena

He wants the circuit turned OFF with the key.

Reply to
Sigwings

It would be a lot easier to just remember to unplug or turn off what ever it is that has run his battery dead numerous times, hence the desire for a no brainer.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Go to

and under the documents you can download the 2003 and up electrical guide and see the wiring for them.

Reply to
Eugene Nine

Thanks that will be helpful

Reply to
Roy

Well, I don't smoke and don't use the cig lighter. I have a radar decter in one and a charger for my cell phone /laptop in the other and No I haven' tun the battery dead I just don't want to have to unplug them everytime I get out of the truck.

Reply to
Roy