2006 5.3 vortec

hey to all i have a 2006 silverado with a vortec 5.3 .I'm looking for some good performance upgrades for this motor. maybe a good chip, and if i put a chip in do i have to get rid of my speed limiter? A good cold air intake will give me some of it , but what kind (name) I'm looking for something-that is for power when i need it and something that will save some gas, when i don't have my foot in to it.This vortec has some power but it comes with about 295 Hp. and i would like to have at less 350 Hp.. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks mutt

Reply to
mutt

get a hypertech programmer, k&n filter or you could just get a supercharger

Reply to
Steven

Reply to
mutt

Get the Hypertech programmer.....I got one for my "04 Avalanche Z71

5.3.....you can throw 2 programs on, regular fuel and premium. I go with the regular fuel one.....it's a VERY noticeable jump. Well worth the bucks, and 30 seconds to do with zippo for tools or know-how.
Reply to
Augustus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Augustus how many Hp did you gain by using the Hypertech programmer?

Reply to
mutt

Hypertech has dyno charts for basically everything....this one is the same as yours (and mine for that matter).

On paper it doesn't look like a huge amount, but the feel is way more than that. I set it back and forth from no program, regular and premium several times over a few days. The premium fuel with reprogrammed shift points is the best, but premium is $$$. The regular fuel option with shift reprogram is the best all around for me, You can also used it to change the transmission shift points seperately from the performance program. You can read stored trouble codes with the programmer as well. Well worth the $350. Oh yeah, if you have an OnStar vehicle make sure you REALLY read the manual thoroughly.

Reply to
Augustus

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:37:49 -0800, mutt got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

Do yourself a favor and get yourself a duramax 6600 LBZ. You'll not be sorry. (Of course, you may as well get yourself a 2500HD while you're at it.)

HTH!

Reply to
PerfectReign

Reply to