2006 Silverado Radio Install

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado single cab w/t with the plain am/fm radio in it. I was wondering what kind of things i need to put a pioneer aftermarket cd player in it. Also i need to know how to take the stock radio out without tearing anything up. I also would like to know the proper way to mount the new cd player. Thanks

Reply to
ngbrooks

Also, will I lose my safety warning tones like the seatbelt, door ajar and lights being on.

Reply to
ngbrooks

Greetings,

Contact customer service at

They sell installation kits for almost every vehicle you can imagine and have detailed instructions also.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I second the Crutchfield idea. And you will lose the chimes, but an aftermarket device is available to keep the door chimes, etc.

Reply to
scrape

Crutchfield is definitely good for factory looking installs, good instructions, and wiring harnesses. Another place to price out for pioneer units is sounddomain.com, I've bought a deck and an amp from there and was extremely happy with them.

Reply to
89GMC