2500 GMC Savana, and stiff suspension.

My friend has a 1998 Savana 3500 passenger. The ride is secure yet not too stiff, although trucky.

Now I bought a used 2001 8600 gvw savana passenger, but the ride is vertually rigid, as though no springs just solid on wheels. When I test drove it, the test route was smooth even pavement. So I didn't notice. But now I was shocked when I went on patched pavement, and lauched air at a railway crossing. Even the front inner door panel fell loosened by the sharp jars, on even minimal road irregularitys.

I changed the shocks to monroe, and seems to be better, but still very backbreaking stiff.

I cannot ride it on uneven roads for morre than 15 minutes, and my back, and neck, and internal organs start hurting

Is this normal, and how to soffen these springs.

The van has 22,000 miles.

Reply to
obob

What size of tire and what tire pressure are you running?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"