4.3 Life ?

If a 4.3 is maintained properly and has the oil changed on a regular basis what would be a good estimate on life span in miles? I have read the opinions on various sites and have seen some report up to 250 K with no issues. Any real world replies with your mileage would be appreciated. TIA GM

Reply to
GM
1@ 135K 1@ 91K 1@ 245K Still running strong but the chassis is JUNK.

I know of one my one uncle has that is at 300K and still running fine. It did need an intake gasket set and a set of exhaust manifolds.

Reply to
Steve W.
91 S-10 Blazer with 270K miles and still running strong. Timing chain and gears done at 170K as maintenance. Distrib replaced at 135K. Kendall GT-1 20-50 dino not syn, and AC Delco Filters since new. Idles 35 psi hot. Now if the paint on the beast was only as good, alas, better flaking paint then knocking engine I guess.

Whitelightnuing

Reply to
Whitelightning

110k on 99 Blazer. Had the obligatory intake leak at ~70k. Otherwise it is the family workhorse. 5-30W (Castrol) just like the factory recommends every 3k. The plastic radiators suck though.
Reply to
Mike Copeland

Timing chain and

135K. Kendall GT-1
35 psi hot. Now

flaking paint then

110k on 99 Blazer. Had the obligatory intake leak at ~70k. Otherwise it is the family workhorse. 5-30W (Castrol) just like the factory recommends every 3k. The plastic radiators suck though.
Reply to
Boots Crofoot

My Dad sold his 1990 S10 w/ 275k on the clock. Still running last I heard and had turned over 300k(!) Of course, he bought another one. =-)

Oil change every 3-4k miles. Great eng> Had '95 S 10 2WD pick-up with 175k and did nothing to it and

Reply to
Southern.Fried.Herring