4.3 Vortec - No voltage at injectors

Replacement engine in '98 Blazer. Old engine ran on this ECM, so the ECM is believed to be OK. Fuel pressure is 55 PSI.

Everything appears fine except that I am not getting any voltage at the injectors to make them pulse. The engine will fire when primed manually, but the injectors are not delivering fuel, so it's a short run.

All wiring and harnesses were reconnected as before. I do not have a manual, so I don't know what I should be looking for here. What's keeping the injectors from getting the electrical pulses?

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Harrison

injectors to make them pulse.

delivering fuel, so it's a short run.

manual, so I don't know what I should be looking

Where did the replacemnt motor come from? Is it new or used? Do you still have the old motor? What parts did you transfer from old to new? Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Check your grounds, especially for the ECM - as well as fusible links. The ECM controls the injectors by grounding them IIRC. I can't tell you any specifics of which wires to check, but this might get the wheels turning and you can then figure it out from there.

HTH

~KJ~

injectors to make them pulse.

delivering fuel, so it's a short run.

manual, so I don't know what I should be looking

Reply to
KJ

Reply to
(oYo)

Reply to
Harrison

injectors, but am not getting the intermittent

There are two main ECM grounds, usually located on either side of the front corners of the intake manifold, sometimes one in the front corner and one on the stud for the waterneck. Check these out, make sure they're there, and if so, shine up the connectors as best you can and see where that gets you.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I just did this with my truck (bad fuel economy). You need to have the truck actually RUNNING to check for the pulsing. If you only have one injector (I don't know about the 4.3, but you probably have two) you'll have to access through the sheathing. I just ran it on 1 injector at a time.

~KJ~