4.3 Vortec Swaping

I have a question. I have a 02 Chev Express with the V6 Vortec Engine which recently died. Can I drop a V6 Vortec out of my 93 Blazer into the 02 Express without and weird complications? Will it match up or did they chage things over the years

Reply to
snowcatns

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:41:18 -0800, snowcatns got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

You need to look at the carb setup.

IIRC, the '93 has a TBI setup, which was changed in '95 to a CPI setup. I don't see why it wouldn't work, however, if you swap in the computer.

Reply to
PerfectReign

The 02 has SFI, not CPI injection You don't try to change the computer and half the wiring harness under the hood, and under the dash, you change the manifolds between engines IF the bolt pattern is the same. Also I believe the 02 has a balance shaft in the engine, the 93 doesn't. That means the engine is balanced differently meaning the fly wheels might not interchange, nor the front balancer which means the pulleys might not swap. will engine mounted sensors move from one to the other, doubtful.

My gut feeling is the engines wont interchange, with out major issues and work that make it economically unfeasible. Get a Target complete engine from Chevy (then you have 3year/36000 mile warranty on the engine). With enough effort you can put most any engine into most any vehicle, be it a V-8 in a Vega, a 3.8 super charged Buick in a Chevette Scooter, or even a 340 tri power in a 76 Plymouth fast back Arrow.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:29:12 +0000, Whitelightning got out the hammer and chisel and etched in the wall:

Good reply.

Now maybe someone can tell me how to put a Duramax 6600 LBZ in a camaro? :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

In reality prior to the Camero that went to strut suspension in the front, that wouldn't be that hard of a conversion. All the earlier Cameros ie

70 -76, had big blocks available as options, and engine bay didn't really change from 70 to 82, the last year before the really nasty look came out. , so the springs and beefed suspension components are out there. You just need a donor truck.. The 70's and early 80's models had a decent sized engine bay.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Well then, can I do a swap and install a 350 LT1 into my Sears rider mower, want to cut down mowing time :)

Reply to
Craig M

if you have a torch and a welder you can.

Reply to
digitalmaster

I'd much rather build this...

~jp

digitalmaster wrote:

Reply to
Jon R. Pickens

Sure can. I have driven a Cub Cadet garden tractor with a 350 in it. Also know of a couple with 4 cylinders from other cars.

Reply to
Steve W.