454 chev motor home

1993 with 36Kmiles.. started running bad.. tuned up- replaced botton, cap, plugs- what is the timing mark?
Reply to
Carey

I would throw some ignition wires on there too, and definitely get some decent ones. big blocks especially in motor homes throw a lot of heat and this will eventually kill your wires. Should tell you the timing under the hood, but I think most of these are 4 BTDC, that's what my 89 is. Need to unhook a wire to time it, not sure where it is on a motorhome though. Good time to replace the fuel filter as well. Also, a lot of people have trouble with the ignition module.

Carey wrote:

Reply to
89GMC