454 coolant trbl...

96 C3500 454 Vortec L80 - Just hit 100K miles

Well, I think the defective intake gasket fiasco that I believe I read about on this NG is about to bite me.. it is nibbling now. I am slowly losing coolant, no visible signs around radiator hoses water pump etc... Are there a couple of ways to make sure before having a song and dance told to me by a mechanic..

I have tried monitoring the exhaust for "sweet smell" but it may be such a small problem at this time.. (10 -14 days before level is really noticable.. or long trip)

Can you pull a plug for analysis.. if so where has this problem been identified to show?

Nothing in oil

Plan on going back with Felpro gasket unless there is something better, and what is the typical charge expected to pay... Job in the way of me taking this on... TIA Tom

Reply to
The Maupins