4L60E 3rd gear only after 2 attempts to rebuild

unfortunately my transmission now only has 3rd gear with the shifter in drive. The car starts up in 3rd gear. I rebuilt it the frist time and it worked fine for a few weeks, then starting having shift problems and then the oil pump rotor cracked. So I took it all apart again, replaced the oil pump with a 13 vane rotor and replace the 3-2 downshift solenoid. . when I manually downshift, I can get it into 2nd but never into 1st gear. should I replace the shift solenoids?

should this transmission even with bad shift solenoids manually go into

1st gear?
Reply to
sdowney717

Scanned and found code 81. So what is the solution either computer or shift solenoids?

Reply to
sdowney717

One of the shift solenoids had an open coil, so no shifting. There are 2 shift solenoids and they are identical. Take an ohm meter and they should read about 20 ohms. What gets me is the manual claims you can hydraulically shift the trans by manually moving the lever, but I could not get first gear to work.

Reply to
sdowney717