4wd pushing straight through turn

I have a 2003 Silverado with 6.0. When in 4wd, rather than the front end pulling the truck around the turn, it pushes straidght through the turn. It acts to me as if the rear tires are spinning faster than the front. I have searched everywhere and knowone has been able to help at all. Any ideas with this??? desperate what to do, thx for any help

Reply to
brokedown

Yeah don't use 4WD on dry pavement.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

Should have had second cup of coffee first I guess. I was thinking dry pavement issue, but this will happen on snow/ice if your going too fast, the vehicles momentum coupled with weight is greater than the front wheels traction.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

HUH? If it was on dry it wouldnt do that in the first place Its on ice/snow when I have the problem

"Whitelightning" wrote: > "Whitelightning" wrote in > message > news:K0toh.14654$rz3.5406@trnddc03... > >

Reply to
brokedown

Our 2006 Malibu FWD will do that if you step on it. We had a 2005 Cavalier FWD that did the same thing but all the time. There was not enough front end weight and too much power. Even from a standing start you had to be careful or you would plow straight ahead.

We used to have a YJ (ugh) and found that we had to play with the gas to get it to corner on ice or in slush.

- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

Good advise. Also, when in 4x4 in a turn the tires have a different rolling radius which forces them to slip because both axle must turn same speed and this can cause guiding problems at times. 4x4 drive is not magic and has its quirks. Long ago they had a full time 4x4 system as a option in GM truck that had a differentail between fron and rear axle and it cured this guiding problem for wheel slipage due to different rolling radius as it allowed axles to ran at the different required speeds in a turn (the rear axle turns turns few RPM in a sharp turn than front axle because it is on a shorter inside track when turning) I still have a old truck with it and it was a nice setup for 4x4 drive in varing conditons and though it could be loacked as a convential 4x4 on demand I rarely needed to do it.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

The Bravada used the same type of system. 2002 they stopped building them, along with the S-Series. Not very long ago...

Reply to
Steve W.