5.3 Liter Aluminum Block

Looking for information on the 5.3 liter aluminum block that came in my 2006 Silverado. Is the cylinder surface of these motors a cast iron sleeve or is it a Nikasil plated bore?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
diablo

Thats something I would like to know also.. But it looks like there is not going to be a responce.

Reply to
Hammbone

I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado with the inline 5, aluminum block. It has sleeves so, I assume that your 5.3 has sleeves as well. Can't really believe that alu will stand up to much wear.

John

Reply to
John