5.7L Intake Gasket Replacement

Time to replace the intake gaskets on my '98 Vortec 5.7L due to leakage.

What is the best type/brand/composition of gasket that has met with the most success? Any ones to avoid?

I have always used Permatex #3 Aviation form a gasket on both sides of new intake sets. On the older stuff it has worked very well. I don't plan on doing this again but if I do a tear down in the future, a long time in the future, I'll send it all off to a hot tank for cleanup anyway. Thoughts?

I don't really like the silicone gasket sealers unless it is a part that requires maintenance like thermostat housings and such. It is easy to clean up and reseal.

Thanks,

jag

Reply to
JAG

Fel-Pro or GM.....you will need to use permatex on the front and rear part of the engine.

Reply to
Hoover87