6 lug rims

I've got an early 70's truck with a 6 lug axle. Will rims from a late model with 6 lug fit my truck? I guess what I'm trying to ask is - Are the studs the same distance apart on a newer truck as they are on the older truck? My stock rims seem to have 5.5" distance lug center to lug center.

I've found some late model rims I want to put on my older truck, but don't want to buy them if they won't fit. (Rims are online, else I'd just measure them myself). Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Reply to
Big Dope

Most 8 lug wheels have the same bolt pattern. But, some have different size center holes, and different offsets. Bought a used 3/4 ton truck and had a flat. The spare was on a wheel that would not go over the center hub. Had to drive it about 10 miles with about 3 turns on each lug.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Same is true for 6 lug.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Thanks for the input!! Buying rims is a risky business.

Reply to
Big Dope

I'm almost positive it will NOT fit. The newer Chevy 6 lug bolt pattern is a Metric size, while the old Chevy's were Slandered.

Reply to
JBDragon

DID A GOOGLE SEARCH CAME UP WITH THIS INTERESTING SITE

pedro

try

they have what you need...

Reply to
jerry

Sweet info guys, thanks a bunch. I did several google crawls and didn't find these websites. I did find out that 139.7 mm measurement is the same as a 5.5" bolt pattern on a 6 lug wheel. Aside from the center hole, the late model rims will fit an early model truck. HOpe this helps someone besides me out...

Reply to
Big Dope