67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

Threaded View

anyone interested in buying a 67 chevy c10 pickup? its the last year they
made that body style, original motor, rebuilt by chevy, has 30K on it, 3 on
the tree, stepside bed
i have the original book and reciepts for everything done to this truck,
including the reciept for the rebuilt motor
it runs and is in great condition, slight exhaust leak
asking $3500 negotiable
email me if interested, i can send you pictures
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

Wrong. That was the FIRST year of that body. Grill, and hood changes(I think
there might have been a small window in the '67-'68) are the only major
differences in the '67-'72 vintage!

on

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

think
No questions there, 67 had small window, and "rounded" leading edge on the
hood.
68 got big back window, less rounded leading edge on the hood
69 and 70 got the flat leading edge, I think they were the best looking of
the run, best grill
with the park/turn signal up in the grill.
71/72 got the "egg crate" grill, never liked that, cheap cheesy looking, and
the park/turn signal moved to the bumper.
71 first year front disk brakes standard, and five lug instead of six on all
4x2 models.  wasn't 71 the first year rear leaf became standard as well?

Whitelightning

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

Had a '72  Chevy C20 with coil rear, had a '69 GMC C20 with leaf rear...I
think it might have been an option.

and
all

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

Jimmies all had leaf springs I believe.  You could order a Chevy C10 or 20
with leafs, but stock they had coils. I loved my 69 C-10 shortbed step side,
(don't ask why I traded it), but it was like a drunk sailor on a three day
shore
leave in the turns.  Damn thing did ride decent for a truck tho other than
that.

Whitelightning

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

I was thinking the same thing about GMC's. Hard to beat the ride of an all
coil spring suspension. The '67-'72 vintage Chevy Truck Was rated the best
looking Chevy Truck...at one time. I still think it is. I would LUV to get
my hands on a short-bed step-side from those years. Kick yourself in the ass
for me once...lol...jk

side,
than

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

ass
I kick all the time.  She was OD Green when I bought her, auction.  292 6
cylinder
2 barrel carb, three on the tree.  I burnt holes in 3 pistons, cause I was
young and dumb.
Mogas was high octane, 98-102 octane lead free back then, and the price of
gas being what it was in
the late 70's coupled with an  enlisted man's take home, raising family to
boot, I
ran regular 82 octane, but didn't re-jet the carb. Number 5 piston was not
much more than
a sleeve, 6 had a 1/2" hole, and 3 had about 1/3 the piston gone, but she
still ran, a little slow
on acceleration, and lots of blow by.  Lucky I didn't blow the oil pan off I
guess. She got a
well built 327 then, same three on the tree.  I know its weird, but I always
got a kick driving column shifters.  Had a Simica 1500 station wagon while
in Germany was 5 on the tree.  But I had to have me a 4x4 stationed on Ft
Hood, so I traded her for a Jeep J-20 3/4.  The only things I liked about
the Jeep,
was the "look", the turbo400 tranny, and quadratrac transfer case, and dyna
axles.  The electrical was a night mare on elm street, and AMC V-8 engines
suck, from the 401 that was in it, to the 360 when that one broke.  when the
360 went I pulled the tranny, did a case swap to a Buick pattern, and put a
big block Buick 350 in her.  AMC had really crappy rods, and no rpm
potential.  Then add axles with 5.36:1 gears, and a transfer case where 20
mph  was top end in low range, and well, you get the picture.
But I digress again
the 1969 Chevy was the second prettiest truck ever built.  The first was the
69 GMC, nicer grill, chrome,
and quad headlights.

Whitelightning

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

Gotta luv those Quad lights...I forget about 'em.

    My Dad had a retired military Dodge 1/2T, a 360(maybe a transplant),
3-on-the-tree, a short-bed, and 2WD. It WAS a former military truck, but
don't know what it was used for...sentry posts on a base probably. Had
40some thousand miles and was a BLAST to drive! Crappy MPG too.

    I kinda liked the AMC 401...Had a Wagoneer with one, GREAT
power...TH400, dealer installed COLD A/C, Quadratrac, Cruise Control, and
rust holes the size of bowling bowls in the quarters.

 I'm not gonna start to reminisce about all my great, and not so great(but
memorable) vehicles...it would start a flood from everyone and this would be
the longest thread of all time.

always
dyna
the
the

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

And that would be a bad thing?

Whitelightning

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

Very true...

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

well i have a 67 chevy c10 step side short bed i'm selling. i'll send you
pics if you want to check it out.

Re: 67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

YES PLEASE! Send to me please!

all
best
get