67 chevy c10 pick up for sale, runs, looks great!

anyone interested in buying a 67 chevy c10 pickup? its the last year they made that body style, original motor, rebuilt by chevy, has 30K on it, 3 on the tree, stepside bed i have the original book and reciepts for everything done to this truck, including the reciept for the rebuilt motor it runs and is in great condition, slight exhaust leak asking $3500 negotiable email me if interested, i can send you pictures snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net

Wrong. That was the FIRST year of that body. Grill, and hood changes(I think there might have been a small window in the '67-'68) are the only major differences in the '67-'72 vintage!

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

think

No questions there, 67 had small window, and "rounded" leading edge on the hood. 68 got big back window, less rounded leading edge on the hood 69 and 70 got the flat leading edge, I think they were the best looking of the run, best grill with the park/turn signal up in the grill. 71/72 got the "egg crate" grill, never liked that, cheap cheesy looking, and the park/turn signal moved to the bumper. 71 first year front disk brakes standard, and five lug instead of six on all 4x2 models. wasn't 71 the first year rear leaf became standard as well?

Whitelightning

Had a '72 Chevy C20 with coil rear, had a '69 GMC C20 with leaf rear...I think it might have been an option.

and

all

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

Jimmies all had leaf springs I believe. You could order a Chevy C10 or 20 with leafs, but stock they had coils. I loved my 69 C-10 shortbed step side, (don't ask why I traded it), but it was like a drunk sailor on a three day shore leave in the turns. Damn thing did ride decent for a truck tho other than that.

Whitelightning

I was thinking the same thing about GMC's. Hard to beat the ride of an all coil spring suspension. The '67-'72 vintage Chevy Truck Was rated the best looking Chevy Truck...at one time. I still think it is. I would LUV to get my hands on a short-bed step-side from those years. Kick yourself in the ass for me once...lol...jk

side,

than

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

ass

I kick all the time. She was OD Green when I bought her, auction. 292 6 cylinder 2 barrel carb, three on the tree. I burnt holes in 3 pistons, cause I was young and dumb. Mogas was high octane, 98-102 octane lead free back then, and the price of gas being what it was in the late 70's coupled with an enlisted man's take home, raising family to boot, I ran regular 82 octane, but didn't re-jet the carb. Number 5 piston was not much more than a sleeve, 6 had a 1/2" hole, and 3 had about 1/3 the piston gone, but she still ran, a little slow on acceleration, and lots of blow by. Lucky I didn't blow the oil pan off I guess. She got a well built 327 then, same three on the tree. I know its weird, but I always got a kick driving column shifters. Had a Simica 1500 station wagon while in Germany was 5 on the tree. But I had to have me a 4x4 stationed on Ft Hood, so I traded her for a Jeep J-20 3/4. The only things I liked about the Jeep, was the "look", the turbo400 tranny, and quadratrac transfer case, and dyna axles. The electrical was a night mare on elm street, and AMC V-8 engines suck, from the 401 that was in it, to the 360 when that one broke. when the 360 went I pulled the tranny, did a case swap to a Buick pattern, and put a big block Buick 350 in her. AMC had really crappy rods, and no rpm potential. Then add axles with 5.36:1 gears, and a transfer case where 20 mph was top end in low range, and well, you get the picture. But I digress again the 1969 Chevy was the second prettiest truck ever built. The first was the 69 GMC, nicer grill, chrome, and quad headlights.

Whitelightning

Gotta luv those Quad lights...I forget about 'em.

My Dad had a retired military Dodge 1/2T, a 360(maybe a transplant), 3-on-the-tree, a short-bed, and 2WD. It WAS a former military truck, but don't know what it was used for...sentry posts on a base probably. Had 40some thousand miles and was a BLAST to drive! Crappy MPG too.

I kinda liked the AMC 401...Had a Wagoneer with one, GREAT power...TH400, dealer installed COLD A/C, Quadratrac, Cruise Control, and rust holes the size of bowling bowls in the quarters.

I'm not gonna start to reminisce about all my great, and not so great(but memorable) vehicles...it would start a flood from everyone and this would be the longest thread of all time.

always

dyna

the

the

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

And that would be a bad thing?

Whitelightning

Very true...

well i have a 67 chevy c10 step side short bed i'm selling. i'll send you pics if you want to check it out.

"Shades" <shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote in message

YES PLEASE! Send to me please!

Nothing found yet