68 GMC Driveline

Hello all, I have a 68 GMC that I just put a 350 eng and a Turbo 350 Trans into. It had a inline 6 and a 4 spd manual. Its a short bed truck. I need a drive line, does anyone know off the top of there head if there is a drive line that I can use from another vehicle? Or maybe the proper length? Or will I have to have one custom made? Any help would be apprecieated.

Reply to
speedbee29

Cut down the old driveshaft. it is VERY simple, I used to do it Daily when I worked for a WELDING shop.. No need for Rebalancing.

Drive shaft is HOLLOW Mark The position of the yoke

The YOKE fits inside the Shaft about 3/4 in Cut your Shaft to proper length ( USE a LARGE PIPE CUTTER) Grind off the Weld at the yoke ( We used to Carbon arc the weld off) remove the tube

Now Drive the yoke into the tube Keeping the yoke at the marks you made. Yoke will automaticcally go in Straight Now Weld The yoke to the TUBE

First tack it at 12 oclock the tack at 6 o clock the 9 then 3 Now fill in the welds..

I know i am going to get comments about the Clock as to WHY do I wait So long Between Welds !!

speedbee29 wrote:

Reply to
Santa