700R4 to NP205 ?

Greetings.

I want to swap out my TH350 for a 700R4 / 4L60. The transfer case is an NP205. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've read that all that needs to be changed to bolt it in is the output shaft of the new transmission. Advance Adapters sells one that does the job.

Question: Does it matter if the donor trans comes out of a 4x4 or a

4x2? Can I pull one out of a Camaro, toss the tailhousing, swap the output shaft, and bolt it up? Or do I need to be looking for a 4x4 Blazer?

Other differences - length, lockup wiring, TV cable - are known already.

Thanks!

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light