73 Chevy Custom 10 heater core leaking ?

Does anyone know of any product on the market that will actualy stop a leak in the heater core? So I don't have to go and take the whole thing apart and replace it.

Reply to
Natalie Bounds

Your heater core is located underhood and is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY easy to get at. Spend the $40 and fix it right. A radiator stop leak product might stop the heater core leak, but it'll clog it up very quickly as well and you'll end up having to replace it anyways.

Doc

"Natalie Bounds" wrote in message news:kptod.48624$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... Does anyone know of any product on the market that will actualy stop a leak in the heater core? So I don't have to go and take the whole thing apart and replace it.

Reply to
"Doc"

The heater core in post '72 trucks is back behind the glove box isnt it??? I could be wrong but I thought with the body change that thats where they went. As for stop leak, well I do agree with Doc on that. Bars leak has worked great for me for years(I had 250K + on a Bars leak fixed heater core) but I have heard of it plugging up stuff too...

Doc

Reply to
Shades

All thru the 60's and 70's the heater core was underhood, passenger side. Pretty positive that's where it is on this 73'. AFAIK, they didn't start putting them into the cab until the changeover in 87' for the trucks, 90' for the SUV's.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Well my '74 hat it under the dash thats why it cought me off guard that you said that...

Reply to
Shades

No shit eh? It's been awhile since I worked on a 70's era truck but all of the ones I worked on had the HC underhood.

Anyhow, even if it is underdash it's still easy to get at and cheap to replace.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yes everyone this heater core is under the passenger side dash and about $20 to replace

Reply to
Natalie Bounds