84 S-10 Blazer Instruments Gone Crazy.....

whenever I turn on the headlights, all the gauges, especially the oil gauge, start fluttering like crazy. The previous owner drove it like this for 100K miles or so, but I would like to fix the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reply to
septicman

start by tightening every ground wire you can find under the dash, and under the hood. They are the black wires. Over the years they tend to loosen up, and can cause all manner of odd problems.

Reply to
Reed

Reply to
Craig M

On my 85 several of the connections behind the panel were loose.But mine had just stopped working though.Your`s makes me think of a loose ground somewhere like Reed said.Also pull the plug for the head lights and check the ground,If I remember right its the top one,just check all 3 to be sure.

Reply to
Dafey