85 Silverado Fuel gauge - How to test??

I am looking at the OEM manual and it's testing proceedure is not very clear. I have a dual tank system and I have narrowed down the problem to either the gauge itlef or the wiring to the gauge.

How do I test the gauge itself once OFF the car? Also, which wires in the harness that connects to the cluster send to the unit and what should the voltage be once the car is on?

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman