85 Silverado stalling --- HELP!!!

I have an 85 Chevy Silverado. It has intermittently and now more frequently stalling out when I press the accelerator. It starts fine, idels fine, and drives slow fine but when I give it ANY gas it stalls or acts as though you are giving it very little gas. If you keep the accelerator down it stalls out. Most people would think this is a fuel problem but it seems more like a vacuum leak to me, do you guys agree?

How would you test to find the leak if that is indeed what it is? Do you think it could be a fuel problem? (Carb was replaced last year).

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

Mine did that for awhile just before the timing chain jumped on the sprocket.

When that happens, the pistons strike the valves, and you end up with a much bigger job.

The parts are dirt cheap, if it's never been replaced, bite the bullet and replace the timing chain and sprocket.

97T

Reply to
97T

Replace the spark plug wires.

Reply to
David Algie

That's a good suggestion but I want a way to test to find if that is really it.

Reply to
Aaron Ackerman

Sounds like it's being starved for fuel.

Reply to
Battleax