88 chevy s10 hesistation/stall

I have an 88 Chevy S10 4Cy Standard tranny with about 198,000 miles on it. While driving to work it started hesitating real bad and did not seem to have much power as i put the gas to the floor. I got back home and after turning it off, it won't start back up. I checked for spark (and all of the plugs spark fine). It's getting gas to the engine (I see it come out of the injector and into the throttle body). I changed the fuel filter and still it won't start. Any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks.

Reply to
mogibb

Try starting it with the pedal pushed all the way to the floor.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

take off the EGR valve and give it a good cleaning....it's probably jammed open

then, as Doc says, pedal to the metal ('flood clear mode'-engine speed less than 600 RPM with WOT) will clear it out and get it to start

Reply to
TranSurgeon