89 Chevy K5 pulls right when braking?

Hey all

I've got an 1989 K5 with a 2 in lift on it. Anyway, It pulls to the right when you brake, the harder you brake, the worse it is. We've replaced both front hoses, calipers, had the rear hoses blown out, new wheel cylinders, and a proportioning valve. It's change how it does it, but it still pulls to the right, but not the steering wheel. The entire truck just moves to the right when you brake. It doesn't pull when your driving, just when you hit the brakes. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Is the rearend leaking at the axle? Gear lube soaked shoes will grab like hell, causing what you're describing.

Reply to
Bill W

Are all your tires matching and of equal pressure? Brakes properly bled? No weird things happening with your suspension (like loose parts)?

Reply to
JD

I had this problem with my 91 1/2 ton GMC. Turned out to be a worn idler and pitman arm. Replaced both of those and the problem was gone. Brake application must have been kicking the slack in the steering to one side which pulled me right. Hope this helps you too. Kevin

Reply to
KV