90 chev 4x4 Brake adjusting

I have gotten some good advice from this group before, so would like to try again. I have a 90 chev WT 1500 4 wheel drive. How do you adjust the rear brakes? I have an older manual, and it shows an adjusting wheel. Mine does not have an adjusting wheel or a place for one in the backing plate. Bought this truck used several years ago, so it is possible the rear end has been changed without my knowledge. Thanks in advance Charles snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Charles Bridges

It should Auto adjust all on it's own. Unless the adjuster is frozen which does happen sometimes. Just because there's no hole in the backing plate doesn't mean anything. A lot of times the holes are partly there. The backing plate has been made with the Holes Not punched out. You'll see a outline of where they normally should be, and you can use like a Air Hammer and knock open the slots. Sometimes they are not on the backing plate but on the Drums themselves. Again they may or may not be punched out. Again you can use a Air hammer to knock them out. Don't ask me why they do this.

Reply to
JBDragon

Thanks for the good advice JB!! Got it going again now.

Reply to
Charles Bridges