90 S10 blazer won't start

I've got a 90 S10 Blazer that will start run for 5 to 10 seconds and die. It will finally start and stay running as long as I don't shut it off, if I do everything starts all over and it can take 5 to 10 tries to get it going. So far I've changed , cap, rotor, plugs, fuel pump, ignition modular, fuel reg, and the map sensor, anyone else have this problem and what was the cure? TIA

Reply to
John Cianci

Crack the throttle WIDE open when you're cranking. Does it start easier?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
John Cianci

My guess is Doc was checking to see if your injectors were leaking. Have you ever pulled the plugs after allowing the truck to sit a while (like over night) and found the plugs wet? I jumped into this thread a bit late, what motor and fuel delivery system does your truck have? (CPI, TBI, EFI etc).

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Big Chris I guess I'm not explaining myself right (go figure I'm Italian) this can happen anytime hot or cold, morning or night after a 1 hour drive. I did check the plugs and they are dry and it's a 4.3 TBI engine. I've been to

4 local Chevy dealers and they d> My guess is Doc was checking to see if your injectors were leaking. Have
Reply to
John Cianci

Expert I am not, but I'll help you along as best as I can. Have you popped the air cleaner out and watched the spray pattern of the TBI (with someone else cranking it)? If not, give that a view, as it's easy to do, and you'll know the condition of fuel delivery upon start up. If fuel is getting there fine and spray pattern looks good, you have eliminated a number of things. A side note, if you haven't, put a new fuel filter on it if it's been a while. Probably not related, but viewing what you have replaced it's probably time for that as well. Probably won't solve your problems though. Also, cleaning your EGR valve is always good on the 4.3L. O2 sensor is working OK? The EGR valve is probably not the problem, but if it hasn't, it probably will give you problems down the road. Final question, when you do get it running, how is it running? Rich/Lean, loading up at a certain time, hesitation off idle...you get the idea. The more info you give the better ideas guys can give you (and I'm NOT saying I'm one of those guys!). If you can get real specific, Ian or someone might jump in and give you the answer. I can only help you narrow down.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Reply to
John Cianci

Well then, I think you have it narrowed down quite a bit. Fuel delivery is good, presumably spark is good with all the new parts.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Reply to
John Cianci

=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D

90 S10 blazer won't start Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Jun 9, 2004, 1:16pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (John=A0Cianci)

I've got a 90 S10 Blazer that will start run for 5 to 10 seconds and die.

It will finally start

and stay running as long as I don't shut it off, if I do everything starts all over and it can take 5 to 10 tries to get it going.

So far I've changed , cap, rotor, plugs, fuel pump, ignition modular, fuel reg, and the map sensor, anyone else have this problem and what was the cure? TIA

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

John, take the EGR off and plug the hole in the intake with a "homemade" plate...use silicone as a gasket.

See if that doesn't help the situation. (carbon buildup)

No gaurantees........unless.....you wanna send me a dollar fer duh advice.......then I'll give you one of them "money back" gaurantees....

(we don't reimburse labor charges, silicone, or the price of yer ole lady's fry'n pan that your gonna gut the plate out of)

marsh ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy

Reply to
John Cianci