91 Chevy S10 PU, air conditioning question

Someone told me awhile back that a vehicles ability to pump cold air is sometimes related to a filter that's normally from in the cab of the vehicle and that you may not need to more freon. In my S10 Haynes repair book, I didn't see an air filter location. Is there a filter that can be change that might improve my AC output? If so, where is it located and how do I access it.

Reply to
Ziggs

I'd be surprised if that vehicle had an AC filter. If it's a standard cab a properly functioning AC should be able to freeze you out when set on max. If it can't do that then something is probably wrong with the system.. low freon is what I would check first.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I know of no filter.

Being a 1991, it would use the old R-12 refrigerant. We'd like a lot more information.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

91 didn't have a cabin filter. That would be an R-12 system and working good should just about freeze you in the cab! If it isn't then it is probably low on R-12. The good news is that R-12 is still around for repair work, and it has dropped some in price from where it was.
Reply to
Steve W.

do you mean the dryer?

Reply to
Troy

Cabin filter. S series never used them. When they did the updates in 02 they were an option in some countries but I haven't seen one.

Reply to
Steve W.