91 elect fuel pump always on,????

I have a 91 chev 1/2 ton 4x4 with a 6.2 diesel. I just replaced my electrical fuel pump, and now I ?m noticing my pump is running all the time with the engine running! is this normal?????? it?s also pretty noisy!

Thanks for your time guys.

Reply to
diesel1990

Mike Levy

If the noise is coming from direct contact, add some rummber grommets between the pump and the frame. It should be fairly easy to make a sound isolation mount.

Reply to
bw