92 chevy suburban 4x4

i have a 92 suburban while accel. (w/auto trans) and it shifts gears it will either give a small jerk or you can hear the engine rev up before it engages second gear. not sure if it is the torque converter, transmission, or transfer case. can anyone point me in the right direction. robert.

Reply to
<abondegas

Steve Barker

Me thinks Steve is trying to tell you it needs professional help... Interesting though, when my trans started to slip it confused the computer and I would loose 4th gear. Turn the truck off, start it up and it drove like normal until is slipped again (usually on a incline). Kept taking it into the dealer who kept changing the speed sensors. Did not realize it was the trans until one night I could not make it up a steep on ramp. On the flat drove like normal, no hard shifting or delayed shifts... Weird trans (4L80E)... If you have more then 100k on the clock then it probably is time for a rebuild but swing by your favorite trans shop and let them look at it. Maybe it just needs an oil change but probably not. Sorry not good news. I would get the oil changed in the transfer case at the same time.

good luck, mark

Reply to
rd

Reply to
<abondegas

too bad replacing the trans is a major hit.

mark

Reply to
r_d