92 Chevy Suburban Rear A/C

My suburban's rear air isn't blowing cold air. I was told it is most likely the expansion valve in the rear. I have been told it's a real pain to get to that and one of the biggest problems is getting the cooling lines under the vehicle (outside passenger fender area) seperated from the evaporator (?).

Does anyone have any ideas of things to check before pulling my truck apart? Any ideas on how to seperate that line easily. I don't want to mess anything up unnecesarily, as the lines from front to back are $100 each. I also don't want to have to replace the evaporator (?). I guess the problem is steel nuts on aluminum lines and being outside they corrode easily. I have thought about spraying the fittings with WD-40 or something once a weak until I mess with it, to see if that will loosen them up.

Any ideas or tips on completing this would be appreciated!!

Reply to
MASTER Brian