92 suburban hesitation

It seems as if my 92 suburban is having some hesitation issues at idle and occaisonally on take off. It's not happening all the time, I just started really noticing it yesterday while sitting at idle. It seemed to idle low (maybe 500rpm +/-)and I thought i kept hearing a clicking sound, like something was clicking on/off. I thought it might be the A/C, but I turned it off and it still seemed to do it. The engine never seemed like it was ready to die, something was just causeing some drag or cycling on and off.

Today, I noticed it almost missing when I went to go from an idle to drive away from a stop light. The engine sounds fine otherwise and drives fine at normal speeds. Any ideas?

The A/C does seem to be cycling more lately, so I think it might be a bit low, but it goes in to the shop tomorrow for the rear air to be fixed, so it'll be charged after that. I'll have them look into my issue as well, but it's one of those things that may or may not be apparent without driving it a bit.

I'll probably replace plugs and wires tonight as well as fuel filter(s) and see if that helps, but any other ideas? This is a throttle body, could it be an injector or something?

I just filled up with gas, maybe some bad gas?? I'll also get some injector cleaner and dump in the tank.

Thanks,

Reply to
MASTER Brian

This is MASTER Brian

Here's the deal, I replaced fuel and air filter as well as plugs/wires and rotor, but not cap. Wasn't think when at parts store or I would have. The rotor was tough to get off, kind of rusted on. Well now the truck idles rough and wants to die, after giving it gas and letting it set for a second, the check engine light pops on and the idle speeds up and seems to run fine, yet the light stays on.

I also replaced the sensor that kicks the compressor on and off, since it was only about $8.

I'm not sure if I fixed the original problem or made things worse. Anyway, is it possible that when I replaced the rotor, but not the cap, the timing got thrown out of wack a bit?

Like I said, it's going to the shop in the morning for some rear A/C work, so I'll probably have them look at the check engine light issue and idle as well, but am curious what I might have done. I'm assuming at this point the computer is correcting the idle a bit, am I correct?

Reply to
Brian Graber

"" wrote: > It seems as if my 92 suburban is having some hesitation issues > at idle and > occaisonally on take off. It's not happening all the time, I > just started > really noticing it yesterday while sitting at idle. It seemed > to idle low > (maybe 500rpm +/-)and I thought i kept hearing a clicking > sound, like > something was clicking on/off. I thought it might be the A/C, > but I turned > it off and it still seemed to do it. The engine never seemed > like it was > ready to die, something was just causeing some drag or cycling > on and off. > > Today, I noticed it almost missing when I went to go from an > idle to drive > away from a stop light. The engine sounds fine otherwise and > drives fine at > normal speeds. Any ideas? > > The A/C does seem to be cycling more lately, so I think it > might be a bit > low, but it goes in to the shop tomorrow for the rear air to > be fixed, so > it'll be charged after that. I'll have them look into my > issue as well, but > it's one of those things that may or may not be apparent > without driving it > a bit. > > I'll probably replace plugs and wires tonight as well as fuel > filter(s) and > see if that helps, but any other ideas? This is a throttle > body, could it > be an injector or something? > > I just filled up with gas, maybe some bad gas?? I'll also get > some injector > cleaner and dump in the tank. > > Thanks,

If plugs and wires have not been replaced for a while, start there and see if it helps bfore you start messing with other stuff on engine.

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes the ECM does control the idle on that engine. You should read the error codes in ECM (Advanced Auto can read them for you for free) but I tend to suspect either the TP (THrottle Position) Sensor or the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor for some of your problem.

Reply to
SnoMan