92chevy;1Ton; Noise from engine/trans after shutdown;Ps HELP

I have a 92 chevy one Ton Motothome with 454 engine.Trans is 4l60E or

4l80E,cannot remember for sure which one. My problem is this:When I shut down the engine, I hear a scrubbing noise that sounds like a blower motor with bad bearings, causing a squeeking sound for 3 seconds after all belts have stopped turning, and the fan clutch has stopped turning! The noise can be made to repeat itself every time I shutdown and restart the engine. I made sure the hvac/heating fan was off, so that,is not the problem. I also checked the vaccum damper on the fresh air door. That was ok. I have slipped under the truck, had someone start the engine, then turn it off. The noise seems to be coming from the front of transmission. The engine and transmission is in great running shape. Have not had any problems, until this noise appeared. Its about to whip me..any advice would certainly be appreciated. I pride myself as being a good weekend mechanic, but this one takes the cake. I have asked several good mechanics, and no one yet has the answer. I realize the torque converter is filled with oil constantly, but could it possibly be damaged or worn causing this rubbing/squeeking sound? I cannot possible see how, but stranger things have happened. There are no other vaccum operated devices under the hood area. I look forward to your great comments on this difficult problem. Thanks Robie
Reply to
Robie