93 chevy

I looking at possibly buying a 93 chevy 1/2 ton with V8 5.7L, automatic trans that runs good and drives good is it a good engine to do some small camper pulling? Thanks for ant comments

Reply to
Roller

The 5.7 is a fine engine overall for pulling up to 6K lbs or so, if the transmission and rear gears are set right. How many miles on the one that you are looking at? It probably has a 700R4 tranny. I would make sure that I did a complete fluid and filter change on everything (engine, tranny, fuel line, differential) before I tried to tow. The condition of the fluid and filters will tell you a lot about the internals of the tranny and differential.

Reply to
Mark Schooley