93 chevy truck

I have a 93 chevy truck full size one half ton 4.3 5 speed silverodo. I have a missing like surge when i change gears and mash it all the way to the floor. It seems like it clears up a little when the rpms raise,like maybe its trying to flood or something. I have replaced the plugs,plugwires,distributer cap,rotor button,new inline gas filter,oxygen sensor,new ignition coil, pvc.I had it checked for codes but did'nt show any.I cleaned the egr valve (some carbon in it} and put it back on,it seems to be working ok. I sprayed some carb cleaner down the throttle body, thinking it may have been stoped up but no help.It seems to use a lot moore gas than it should.Any help will be gratefully.THANK YOU ALL. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net

Reply to
Donald Shope

Define "seems to use more gas than it should" in measurable, quantitative terms.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

about 15 MPG

Reply to
Donald Shope

By mashing that throttle, you're only gonna get 15. Heck, I race my

5.7 up and down the Thruway every day 80mph and better than that.

Try and tighten the screws that are on top of the throttle body with a Torx bit. I had the same issue with mine. Problem went right away.

Rick

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
luckystrike39

I checked the screws and all was ok. I ran a compression check and got

155 to 165 psi on all cylinders,i thought it might be a carbined up valve.Still looking. Thanks
Reply to
Donald Shope