93 S-10 2.2L Running on 3 cylinders, compression, plugs, timing seems good???

I am posting this message for a friend. His 93 S-10 2.2L is running on 3 cylinders, compression, plugs, timing, etc. seem good??? He said he's checked all the obvious causes but can't find anything wrong, he is stumped. His check engine code came up with a "28" (or) Transmission range pressure switch, will this code cause a dead cylinder?? Does Anyone have any advice for him??? Be nice please!!! JHolcomb

Reply to
JHolcomb

I had this recently. It was a cracked coil pack causing the 4th cylinder to not fire intermittently. More off than on... I had to baby it to the dealer and get the 2 coil packs replaced, along with wiring and plugs. This is a 1995 GMC Sonoma

Reply to
Norman Pirollo

Thank you for taking the time to share that, I'll pass on the info . . JHolcomb

Reply to
JHolcomb