93 S-10 help PLEASE

I have recently purchased a 93 Chevy S-10 w/ 4.3 Z series motor. Lately it?s been hot and humid and after driving about 30 miles or so (with OR without the air on) the motor chugs, almost like vapor lock. I was told to run high octane fuel, ran 2 tanks w/ a little improvement, added octane boost, same results. Today was about 25 deg cooler out and had a couple of minor chugs. Don?t know where to go next.

Thanks for all the help !

Reply to
Stein

It is possible that you are getting fuel line vaspr lock. Check fuel filter and check fuel pressure too.

Reply to
SnoMan

check the EGR value. Might need cleaning.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Jim Becker

Run most of the gas through it and fill up at a Chevron station. It can't hurt to put gas in it without the alcohol.

Reply to
Scott

Reply to
Perry Allred