94 burb new problem

Ocassionaly at idel the oil pressure drops down. but during acceleration from a stop it always drops. could this be caused by a bad oil pump? or is there a chance I have a hole in one of the pistons because it ran to rich for a lot of years with a bad fuel pump? I can't find any oil leaks and the level full. I run 10-40 valvoline synthetic. I have thought about going to Valvoline 20-50 racing since the motor is 10 years old and it has a whipple super charger.

Reply to
smoove

Verify oil pressure by using a mechanical gauge. This will eliminate or point to the electrical sender as the problem.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"