94 S-10 Blazer hard to start

Wifey's S-10 is relunctant to start from cold. Tried turning the key before engaging the starter, and for awhile it seemed to work. Just been informed by SWMBO that it took ten (!) cranks to finally get it started (cold start on a warm (80°+) Californy afternoon.

I had originally suspected the fuel pump, and when the pause before cranking worked, assumed that was the culprit.. Perhaps the pump is on it's way to the scrap yard, but... would anyone suspect anything else at this point? Taking that tank out looks to be a real beyotch of a job.

(I did read the thread of a 94 Silverado that wouldn't start and some of y'all theorized it could be ignition module in that case... and is not something I yam comfy tinkering with- it's into the shop in that case).

Hints, suggestions, etc.

Reply to
Dotacion