94 s10

Looking at a 94' S10 with 200,000k. The truck looks good and appears to run fine. I'm not to experienced with Chevy's, is the 94' GM v-6 motor any good?

Reply to
parkerpoolservice

Yeah, the 4.3L Vortec is an amazing little motor. Lots of power, runs forever. There might be a few who respond saying that the 4.3 sucks. These are by far the oddballs in our group and their opinion on the 4.3 is routinely flamed by the people in here who actually know what the hell they're talking about!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yep. 4.3 is a good engine, along with its big brother the 5.7 Liter. Every

4.3 I have ever owned has hit atleast 340,000 miles before I had to do something with the engine. Working on my 3rd 4.3 Liter with 201,000 miles.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Great engine, almost as good as the old 283's and 327's. My '91 S-10 Blazer hit 200,000 miles last week, idles 40psi hot, 60 psi down the interstate. Only engine work: timing chain replaced at 179,000 miles as maintenance. Vehicle is 90% original. Still has the original brake rotors and drums, calipers and master cylinder. Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I'll agree with the others. The 4.3 is a good engine. The basic architecture is shared with the tried and true 350, with 2 of its cylinders gone. I got my first one in 98, it was a 94 and had 60,000 on it. I took it to 115,000 before trading it in. All I did to that engine were intake gaskets, fuel injector, EGR and general maintenence.

I'm now on my second S-truck, it's a 2000 with 70,000 on it, got it with 62,000 on it. I run Mobil-1 oil, doesn't noticeably burn oil, doesn't leak oil, dipstick never goes below safe operating range. I've done nothing to the motor itself.

Keep the oil changed, with a quality oil, and the truck should last you a good bit longer.

Reply to
Mike Levy

I recently purchased a 94 s10 pickup with a 4.3 /5spd trans.115,000 miles..this is a great little truck,..more power than you would expect..

Reply to
tsemi