94 Yukon - Exhaust system advice

So my 94 GMC Yukon which was having some ignition problems is now running great thanks to everyone's help in this group.

The truck has 130k miles on it, still with the factory exhaust system. The muffler's developed a hole in the last 5k miles or so. Now that it's running right again (or at least better) the exhaust problem is much more noticeable.

Anyway the catalytic converter looks good as does the crossover pipe. But everything from there back looks pretty ugly, hole in the muffler and some nasty looking discolored spots in the pipe.

Anyway any tips on going to a muffler shop and not getting screwed. What should a new factory type muffler and a couple pipes run installed.

Better Business Bureau says that my local muffler shop has had no complaints in the last three years and the place has been there as long as I've lived here, over eight years.

Thanks again for all the past help! -James

Reply to
James Sutherland

I had my muffler replace on my 95 chevy p/u with a "new" factory muffler that had been taken off a new truck for a set of dual exhaust to be put on. I looked the muffler over and it did look like new. I think I paid somewhere around $120 for the muffler and instillation. If cost is a major concern that might be something to look into. DeeRHunteR

Reply to
DeeRHunteR

. . . James, Save that money yer fix'n to spend on that exhaust system, because in an hour and two minutes your going to be having a charging system delima they may require funds to fix.

marsh monster ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

94 Yukon - Exhaust system advice Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Oct 29, 2003, 5:47am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@retlaw.net (James=A0Sutherland)

So my 94 GMC Yukon which was having some ignition problems is now running great thanks to everyone's help in this group.

The muffler's developed a hole in the last 5k miles or so. Now that it's running right again (or at least better) the exhaust problem is much more noticeable.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D ONE HOUR AND TWO MINUTES LATER.... (please note time of both posts)

94 Yukon - Electrical Weirdness Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Oct 29, 2003, 6:49am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@retlaw.net (James=A0Sutherland) writes.....

So my 94 Yukon, which I've asked other questions about in this forum has a minor electrical problem that I've been unable to track down. Voltage is a bit low (dash gauge 10v or so) under full load (AC, blower and lights on) at idle, and the difference in voltage between the alternator and the battery seems high to me. Also the starter is very loud and doesn't crank the engine as fast as you'd think it should, this is the second new starter in a row, both acted the same.

Anyone have any thoughts? =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

your timing needs to be set.

marsh ~:~=A0

Reply to
Marsh Monster

James, Save that money yer fix'n to spend on that exhaust system, because in an hour and two minutes your going to be having a charging system delima they may require funds to fix.

marsh monster ~:~ =======================================

Reminds me of a pretty good Matrix joke

Neo: I thought it wasn't real? Morpheous: The ship's crew makes it real.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Well I had 3" exahust system put in, nothing special. Just a factory quiet one. So much quieter now though, WOW

$200 total

Thanks for the advice! -James

Reply to
James Sutherland