95 chevy s-10 ex-cab

hi i just bought a few months ago my S-10 ex-cab pick up truck, 2.2L 4 cyl 5 sp. i could not pass it up as the price was right ($1K) and after i fixed it up ( new clutch, breaks & tune up ) my question is what should i be getting in gas milage? i am getting 22-23 before the tune up. the next thing i thinking about is a header , k&n fipk intake and a free flowing exhaust. and one last question , what ws the HP rateing for this engen? thank you for any information. m.l.r santa barbara,ca

Reply to
irondogg

mat brady
22 is good for the 2.2. As for the upgrades, the money you put into them will net you NOTHING. The 2.2 is an economy 4 cylinder not a powerhouse engine. Just the way it is.
Reply to
Steve W.

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:59:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (irondogg) wrote something wonderfully witty:

Depending on how and where you drive that is about right. A straight up highway trip should do a little better.

If you bought it for HP you bought the wrong thing. Not worth dropping another dime into for the extremely small difference any change would make.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

well thanks for the info, even thou it's not what i wanted to hear,lol i bought this truck after my other truck was in a accident, a full sized chevy truck made a left turn in front of me and totaling my 99 toyota tacoma ( nice truck ). and after i got my ins settlelment , i waited till i found this deal, so far so good. thanks m.l.r.

Reply to
irondogg