95 GMC 4X4 P/U transmission acts strange

At 175k miles I had a new engine and GMC rebuilt trans put in my truck. It has been about 5k since and shifts smooth. However when I pour the gas to it while getting up to speed for the on ramp of the freeways or such, it shifts past the redline and when going into high gear, rpms rev up and then back down while going into the last gear. Kind of like it is slipping.

I have had it it three times and they say it's normal, after 180k dosen't feel normal to me. Any ideas?

Reply to
JimB