95 K2500 120v plug in the engine?

Like the subject says I have a '95 K2500 that has a cord (like an extension cord) cable tied up on the passenger side near the engine. I saw it and thought maybe previous owner was using it to tie something up. I couldn't tell where the end went though. I found something like a trouble light in there too (basically just a 12v bulb connected to a cord that you wind up). So my question is could the "extension cord" looking..male 120V plug be an option that I am not aware of? Any ideas?

Reply to
gore

Yankee truck. Keeps it from freezing on cold nights.

Reply to
Bill

Likely, a heater - could be for oil, or could be it circulates / warms coolant. This gives you quicker starts in the Northern areas, and "instant on" heat. It's a male plug, because, if you keep an extension cord near the parked truck.. the extension would have a female receptacle for 110v.

In Western NY, some parking meters have pigtails - so you can keep the car/ truck warm while inside doing business.

Miller

Reply to
Miller