'95 Olds Royale 3.8L engine quits while driving

'95 Olds Royale 3.8L engine quits while driving

have a '95 Olds Royale 3.8L that will intermittently stall whiledriving down the road. It will start right back up, but it gets ratherannoying. I have replaced the fuel pump and monitored the fuelpressure, which stays in spec. I get no computer codes. I monitoredthe Batt and Ign inputs to the PCM, that was ok. I monitored the B+ tothe fuel injectors, was ok. I also monitored the ignition input to theignition module, that was also ok. I'm running out of things to check.I'm leaning towards the ignition module, but I don't want to replaceit if I'm not sure it's bad. Has anyone else had a similar problem?Any help would be appreciated......thanks

Reply to
sanwan

Hi!

Replace the ignition module. That should solve the problems you are having.

There are two types of ignition system that I'm aware of for the 3.8L V6. The one I'm familiar with uses a "two part" system where there are coil packs on top and the ignition control module on the bottom. If you have that system, you'll have to figure out what's bad. Chances are it is the lower part, especially since the car stalls when going down the road.

The other system is designed a bit differently. I believe it features removable coil packs, instead of one coil pack assembly that you replace as a unit. I don't have as much experience with that system.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh